Property Management – The Property Management unit of Financial Management Operations is responsible for the overall accounting management of capital and controlled assets for TAMU and TAMUG. Any changes made to assets are submitted to the TAMU Property Management Department and those would be reflected in the Fixed Asset Module (FFX) of FAMIS. The job of Property Management is to insure that correct procedures are followed, assist TAMU and TAMUG Departments in managing and accounting for their inventory by tracking assets from acquisition to deletion, and accurately reporting to the State of Texas Comptroller the required asset data.
- Blank Process Document
- FD-DSA Delegation of Signature Authority
- FDP-4 Equipment Information Sheet - To gather detailed information on inventoried equipment
- FDP-9 Report of Missing or Stolen - To report missing or stolen property or to recover a missing, disposed asset
- FDP-401 Departmental Property Contact Verification - To aid the Department Head/Director in maintaining their official Departmental Property Contacts list with TAMU Property Management.
- FDP_402 Certification of Physical Inventory Conducted by Department - To certify the departments annual inventory per state requirements.
- FDP_404 Request for Extension of Time for Annual Inventory Certification - To request an extension of due date for the department's annual physical inventory.
- FDP-410 Loan of Texas A&M University Property - To aid the Department Head/Director and the Departmental Property Contact in managing TAMU or TAMUG equipment and to protect TAMU and TAMUG against theft or loss.
- FDP-411A Property Transfers - To document the transfer of equipment from one department to another. It includes transfer between departments, out of or into TAMU or TAMUG.
- FDP-411B Transfer of Computer Equipment - To verify the deletion of all files on the hard disk drive of any TAMU or TAMUG owned computers being transferred or sold.
- FDP-414 Property Additions and Deletions - To document an addition of equipment that did not require payment to acquire, and to document deletions of existing equipment due to sale, trade in, cannibalization, or damaged/destroyed/obsolete.
- FDP-421 Departmental Property Contact Responsibility Statement - To document the responsibilities of the Departmental Property Contact and for the DPC to certify that they understand these responsibilities.
- FDP-422 Property Custodian Responsibility Statement - To document the responsibilities of the Property Custodian and for them to certify that they understand these responsibilities.
- FDP-423 Property End User Responsibility Statement - To document the responsibilities of the Property End User and for them to certify that they understand these responsibilities.
- FDP-431 Transfer of Responsibility for Property - To document the transfer of responsibility from one Department Head to another.
- FD-860 Notice of Change Information and/or Authority - To update the Departmental Property Contact person
- Class Code Changes
- TAMU Departmental Property Management Procedures Manual
- TAMU System Asset Management Manual
- State Property Accounting (SPA) Process Users Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Inventory Object Codes
- Property Control Codes
- TAMU System Members and Property Contacts
- Department Head - Property Management Training
- TDP Transferring Departmental Property
- Department Property Contact Training
- 2112397: Adding Purchased Assets to Fixed Asset Inventory – FMO