Vendor Setup Instructions - AggieBuy

Domestic Vendors

  • W9 is required for most new domestic vendor types, see below:
    • Individual Payment/Reimbursement
    • Sole Proprietor
    • Partnership
    • Corporation
  • Vendor Information Sheet (no W9 Required) is needed for the vendor types below:
    • Employee (UIN required)
    • Student (UIN required)
    • Prospective Employee  (UIN/SSN if available)
    • Prospective Student (UIN/SSN if available)
    • Refund
  • If you do not have a UIN or a Social Security Number, indicate in the note section on the Vendor Information Sheet that you are just paying for a refund or prospective travel.
  • If the vendor provides their own W9, please fill out the Vendor Information Sheet & add an email or fax number for the company.  If you are not placing an order with the company please indicate this in the NOTE section of the Vendor Information Sheet.
  • If the W9 is not clear please fill out a Vendor Information Sheet and send over with the W9 or ask the vendor to resubmit a legible copy.
  • If you cannot get a W9 from the, then please provide documentation that you have tried to get a W9 at least 4 times within 5 business days prior to having a vendor set up in FAMIS. You will have to fill out the form Vendor Information Sheet and fax to (979) 458-4191 to get the vendor setup in FAMIS. If at all possible, please try to get an EIN from the vendor.
  • If the vendor will not provide an EIN and it is a 1099 reportable payment (i.e. $600 or greater for services or rentals), Texas A&M University Agency’s will have to withhold 28% of the payment and remit to the IRS.
  • The link provided is a link to our Substitute Form W9 & Direct Deposit Form; however, the official IRS W-9 form can also be used by the vendor and will not be rejected by our office.

For International Vendors (Foreign)

✶ Please note: Due to the IRS changes, please note that all foreign forms that are submitted will need to be on a 2014 form or later.

  • Certificate of Foreign Status Form – Any vendor performing services outside the U.S. – Can be used for Merchandise/Tangible products that are not taxable; books, chemicals etc.
  • W8-BENForeign individuals performing services in the U.S. – Royalty payments, Software downloads, Maintenance & Repairs etc. (W8-BEN Instructions)
  • W8-ECI – Foreign vendors that are a beneficial owner claiming that income is effectively connected with the conduct of trade or business with the U.S. (other personal services). (W8-ECI Instructions)
  • W8-IMY – Foreign individual(s) acting as an intermediary or Foreign Flow-Through Entity (W8-IMY Instructions)
  • W8-EXP – A foreign government, international organization, foreign central bank of issue, foreign tax-exempt organization, foreign private foundation or government of a U.S. possession claiming the applicability of section(s) 115(2), 501©, 892, 895 or 1443(b) Note-These entities should use Form W8-ECI if they received effectively connected income & are not eligible to claim an exemption for chapter 3 or 4 purposes on Form W8-EXP. (Instructions for W8-EXP)
  • International Visitor Request Form – Form is required for any international visitor coming to visit, guest lecture, collaborate, etc. at Texas A&M University. If this form is completed, it is not necessary to complete the Certificate of Foreign Status Form. This form will not be required if the individual is not coming into the United States to visit Texas A&M University.  If the vendor is being paid a fee, it will still be required that the visitor go through GLACIER to provide the required tax forms required by the IRS.
  • If a foreign individual provides a 1042 reportable service (service that is performed in the U.S.) and wants to take advantage of a tax treaty, they must complete Glacier. Glacier completes the Form 8233or W-8 BEN (among other paperwork) for the foreign individual if there is any tax treaty available. If there is no tax treaty available for the payment, Glacier will not generate Form 8233 or W8-BEN, and you will need to submit a Certificate of Foreign Status Form to set up this vendor in FAMIS.
  •  If the foreign entity will not provide or properly complete the required forms and if the payment is US sourced income (means in most instances performed within the US) and a 1042 reportable (services, rentals, software licenses, etc.) payment, then TAMU will have to withhold 30% of the payment and remit to the IRS.

Net Terms

  • The default net terms are net 30.  The net terms on Employees, Students & Refunds will be automatically changed to net 5.  If you need the net terms changed please indicate this when sending over the Vendor Information Sheet or W9 .

Additional Aggie Buy Instructions

You can submit all vendor documentation to fax to 979/458-4191 or you may use the Vendor Setup Document Upload Web Page.