University/Agency Travel Card

Applying for the University/Agency Travel Card is as simple as reviewing the application and the System Travel-DART Cardholder Checklist, signing and routing to the Department Head/Designee for final approval before submitting to FMO – Application Processing at mail stop 6000 or FMS.

Applications are processed within 48 hours of receipt.  Cards will be mailed to the departmental card administrator for distribution to the cardholders.  FMO will notify the departmental card administrator by email when the cards are mailed.

Cardholder Responsibilities

  • The cardholder is responsible for the security of the card at all times.
  • Some departments may opt to maintain the cards in a central location to be distributed at time of travel.
  • At end of travel some departments may require the card be returned to a central location
  • Only business related travel expenses are allowed.  No personal charges may be charged to the travel card.

Card Usage

  • When traveling on local funds the University/Agency Travel card may be used for Airfare, Hotel, Car Rental, Incidental expenses, Parking and Restaurants.
  • When traveling on State funds the University/Agency Travel card may only be used for Airfare, Car Rental and Hotel expenses or any other commercial transportation company.


  • Economy fare only unless prior approval from Department Head or Dean.
  • Approval documentation must be attached to the expense report in Concur.
  • If purchasing state contracted airfare it must be purchased on the University/Agency Travel Card.

Car Rental

  • Texas A&M System has contracted with the rental agencies listed below. Rentals should be made using these vendors whenever possible. See the University/Agency Travel Card Checklist for specific contract numbers.
Texas A&M University
Texas A&M University at Galveston
Texas A&M University System

Conference Registration

  • Conference registrations are only allowed on local funds.  


  • No personal charges, including phone, internet and entertainment (games, movies, etc.).
  • When traveling in state you must have the traveler submit a Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exempt Form upon checking into the hotel.
  • You should also present the Texas State Sales and Use Tax Exemption Form when making other purchases at the hotel, such as business internet charges or parking. Some hotels may accept the exemption form and remove the taxes, however, they are not required to.

Parking and Incidentals


  • Itemized receipts are no longer required for individual meals.  An itemized receipt will be required if any one meal is more the $75.00
  • If travel is within the state of Texas a Texas State Sales and Use Tax Exemption Form is required to be submitted prior to ordering for Business Meals Only.  Individual meals purchased while in travel status are not exempt from Texas State Sales Tax.
  • Meals are only allowed on local funded accounts.
  • For current receipt requirements see Travel Receipt Requirements

Other Information

  • Protect the card and card number at all times to prevent unauthorized use.
  • Immediately notify Citibank at 1(800)248-4553 or 1(800)790-7206 and the program coordinator if the card is lost or stolen.  If outside the US call collect to (904)954-7314.
  • Dispute fraudulent transactions within 60 days of the statement date in which the transaction appears.

Other Resources