Foreign Vendors

  • Individual Reimbursement Form - Required when requesting reimbursement to any individual. Also required when paying an individual for services for which an invoice is not provided.
  • International Visitor Request Form - Form is required for any international visitor coming to visit, guest lecture, collaborate, etc at Texas A&M University. If this form is completed it is not necessary to complete the Certificate of Foreign Status Form. This form will not be required if the individual is not coming into the United States to visit Texas A&M University. If the vendor is being paid a fee it will still be required that the visitor go through glacier to provide the required tax forms required by the IRS.
  • Certificate of Foreign Status - Used to collect information on new foreign vendor set-up. Also used when paying foreign individuals for services performed outside the U.S.
  • IRS Form W-8BEN - Used to claim a reduced rate of, or exemption from, tax withholding when paying business entities that are headquartered/incorporated in a foreign country with which the U.S. has a tax treaty.
  • IRS Form W-8ECI - Used by foreign business entities to claim that payments received from TAMU are effectively connected with the conduct of a trade or business in the United States in order to avoid tax withholding.
  • IRS Form 8233 - Required when we pay an individual from a country with which the U.S. has a tax treaty. Only for use when Glacier is down.
  • B1/B2 Visa Waiver Academic Activity Certification - Used when paying foreign individuals on B1/B2 or W-B/W-T visas for services.