Payments to Foreign Individuals - Travel Expenses with Receipts

If reimbursing expenses with receipts, the following forms/documentation are required:

  • Certificate of Foreign Status
  • Individual Reimbursement Form
  • Provide as documentation copies of visa, passport, and I-94. If individual is here on a J-1 visa, we will also need a copy of the individual’s DS-2019, as well as a letter of consent from the responsible officer of their sponsoring institution.
  • If individual is State of Texas Employee, State of Texas Employee Statement must be completed.
  • Detailed receipts showing proof of payment
  • If paying with a state account, must submit state documentation (contract, agreement letter, etc)
  • Description of services provided. If a speech/presentation was given, the title, date, and audience of the speech/presentation must be documented.
  • Must document whether or not alcohol was purchased if itemized meal receipts are not provided.