Payments to Foreign Individuals - Fees

If paying a fee or reimbursing expenses without receipts, the following forms/documentation are required:

  • Certificate of Foreign Status
  • Signed Individual Reimbursement Form -if invoice is not provided
  • Any forms/documents generated by Glacier. Individual must go through Glacier; if not, FMO will have to withhold 30% of the payment for taxes, or the department can gross-up the taxes for the individual. Please click here to find other information for foreign vendors, such as instructions on how to request a Glacier password, the Gross-Up Tax Payment Spreadsheet, and allowable payments by visa type.
  • Provide as documentation copies of visa, passport, and I-94. If individual is here on a J-1 visa, we will also need a copy of the individual’s DS-2019, as well as a letter of consent from the responsible officer of their sponsoring institution.
  • If individual is State of Texas Employee, State of Texas Employee Statement must be completed.
  • If paying with a state account, must submit state documentation (contract, agreement letter, etc.)
  • Description of services provided. If a speech/presentation was given, the title, date, and audience of the speech/presentation must be documented.
  • Location of the service (inside the U.S. or outside the U.S.)
  • Please note: Payment for services to an individual who is currently employed or who has been employed by the TAMU System within the last 12 months must be processed through Payroll, not Accounts Payable.