- Did you forget your password or is it revoked?
These are the only options to resetting your FAMIS password if it is revoked or if you have forgotten it:
If your FAMIS/Canopy password requires resetting, if your user ID has been revoked or if you have forgotten it then contact your official FAMIS security officer.
- For TAMU, TAMUS, and TAMUG: Contact FAMIS Security at (979) 458-5555 or email@example.com
If you have forgotten or revoked your password, then only the official FAMIS Security Officers are authorized to reset your password. Under no circumstance should anyone else do this for you. This includes, but is not limited to, the Computing and Information Services staff, and any technical staff in your department. If you allow anyone but FAMIS Security to change your TAMU or TVMDL FAMIS password, then you and the person resetting your password will be in violation of Texas A&M University procedures. See the Statement of Responsibility. We take this very seriously.
Report any instances where anyone has reset your FAMIS password for you other than FAMIS Security immediately. We will protect your confidentiality. We appreciate your cooperation in maintaining the integrity of our security system.
- Did your password expire?
- The first time that you log on to FAMIS, your password will expire. This happens so that you can make up your own secret password. Then, it will expire every 90 days, and you will have to make up a new password. Of course, it has to be different from your previous password. You do not have to contact FAMIS Security when this happens. Simply make up a new password that is 8 characters long with at least one number within those 8 characters.
- Why is my UserID revoked?
There are several reasons why your UserID might be revoked. However, most (if not all) of these reasons are because the user typed in an incorrect password too many times. It could also be related to how the security was set up for your account. For example, your UserID could be set to "expire" if you do not complete certain training classes before an appointed time.
In either case, please contact FAMIS Security so that they can help you get back on-line.
- Do you know your password but want to change it yourself?
To do this, you must know your password. Just follow these steps:
- Userid: Type in your FAMIS UserID. Tab to password.
- Password: Type in your password as it is now. Tab to New Password. Do not press enter.
- New Password: Type in your new password, press enter, and type it in again to verify it.
- Password Tips
- FAMIS passwords must be EXACTLY 8 characters long. You must use letters and numbers.
- Use passwords that are not easy for someone to guess; for example, never use your name, a pet's name or a relative's name.
- You should be the only person using your FAMIS UserID, and you should never use anyone else's FAMIS UserID. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- As a rule of thumb, you are the only person who should touch the keyboard when you are logged into FAMIS.
- If you have trouble accessing FAMIS, then you should always contact FMO-Financial Training and Security at (979) 458-5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Never share your FAMIS password with anyone — not even your boss or assistant. Do not write it down and put it where someone could find it. If someone asks you for your password, then he/she is breaching security. You are breaching security if you give it to him/her.
- Always use a secured connection when using FAMIS. As much as we hate to admit it, there are individuals who "hack" computer systems and access information that they should not be able to see, for example, your FAMIS UserID and password. To inquire about secured connections, contact either your department's computer support person or Computing and Information Services at (979) 845-8300.