For Domestic Vendors
- W9 is required for most new domestic vendor types, see below:
- Individual Payment/Reimbursement
- Sole Proprietor
- The link provided is a link to our Substitute Form W9 & Direct Deposit Form; however, the official IRS W-9 form can also be used by the vendor and will not be rejected by our office.
- Substitute Form W9 & Direct Deposit Form is the preferred form because it contains the appropriate contact information to help set up the vendor with appropriate login information into Buy A&M, the PO notification email, and direct deposit information on one form.
- We will accept the standard IRS W-9 form; however, that will require further information from the vendor to set up in Buy A&M properly. We will need for the vendor to provide the email address for order notification to be sent to, name, phone number, email address, general mailing address, remittance address to be able to set up the vendor user with appropriate login access to Buy A&M, and direct deposit information to set the vendor up as an ACH vendor.
- Request the vendor provide this information along with the direct deposit information by completing the “Vendor Contact” and “Direct Deposit” sections on the Substitute Form W9 & Direct Deposit Form.
- If the vendor does not want to be set up for direct deposit, still ask the vendor to complete the “Vendor Contact Information” on the Substitute Form W9 & Direct Deposit Form or the department will need to complete the Vendor Information Sheet for the vendor and submit with the appropriate PO notification email and contact information.
- Vendor Information Sheet (no W9 required) is needed for the vendor types below:
- Employee (UIN required)
- Student (UIN required)
- Prospective Employee (UIN/SSN if available)
- Prospective Student (UIN/SSN if available)
- If you do not have a UIN or a SSN, indicate in the “Note” section on the Vendor Information Sheet that you are just paying for a refund or travel.
- If the vendor will not provide an EIN and it is a 1099 reportable payment (i.e. $600 or greater for services or rentals), Texas A&M University Agency’s will have to withhold 28% of the payment and remit to the IRS.
- Vendor Setup Document Upload Instructions - You can now load your documents from your desktop instead of email or fax. This is an encrypted, secure, confidential web page, so you don’t have to worry about the information getting compromised. Just go to the Vendor Setup Document Upload Web Page.
For International Vendors (Foreign)
- Certificate of Foreign Status Form – Any vendor performing services outside the U.S. – Can be used for Merchandise/Tangible products that are not taxable; books, chemicals etc.
- W8-BEN – Foreign individuals performing services in the U.S. – Royalty payments, Software downloads, Maintenance & Repairs etc. - (W8-BEN Instructions)
- W8-BEN-E – – Foreign Entities performing services in the U.S. – For companies selling Software, Intellectual Property/Royalties, Maintenance & Repairs, Corporations or LLC’s etc. - (W8-BEN-E Instructions)
- W8-ECI – Foreign vendors that are a beneficial owner claiming that income is effectively connected with the conduct of trade or business with the U.S. (other personal services). (W8-ECI Instructions)
- W8-IMY – Foreign individual(s) acting as an intermediary or Foreign Flow-Through Entity (W8-IMY Instructions)
- W8-EXP – A foreign government, international organization, foreign central bank of issue, foreign tax-exempt organization, foreign private foundation or government of a U.S. possession claiming the applicability of section(s) 115(2), 501©, 892, 895 or 1443(b) Note-These entities should use Form W8-ECI if they received effectively connected income & are not eligible to claim an exemption for chapter 3 or 4 purposes on Form W8-EXP. (Instructions for W8-EXP)
- International Visitor Request Form – Form is required for any international visitor coming to visit, guest lecture, collaborate, etc. at Texas A&M University. If this form is completed it is not necessary to complete the Certificate of Foreign Status Form. This form will not be required if the individual is not coming into the United States to visit Texas A&M University. If the vendor is being paid a fee it will still be required that the visitor go through GLACIER to provide the required tax forms required by the IRS.
- If a foreign individual provides a 1042 reportable service (service that is performed in the U.S.) and wants to take advantage of a tax treaty, they must complete Glacier. Glacier completes the Form 8233 or W-8 BEN (among other paperwork) for the foreign individual if there is any tax treaty available. If there is no tax treaty available for the payment, Glacier will not generate Form 8233 or W8-BEN, and you will need to submit a Certificate of Foreign Status Form to set up this vendor in FAMIS.
- If the foreign entity will not provide or properly complete the required forms and if the payment is US sourced income (means in most instances performed within the US) and a 1042 reportable (services, rentals, software licenses, etc.) payment, then Texas A&M University Agency’s will have to withhold 30% of the payment and remit to the IRS.
Vendor or Individual Registration
- Vendors or Individuals can also register with Buy A&M.
- Vendors or Individuals will need to view the Vendor Registration Guide for step by step instructions. Once a vendor or individual has registered with the Buy A&M System, they will be able to do different things as an admin/seller; please see additional information listed below:
- Vendor Maintenance – Update data such as the email for order notifications, bid to address, remit to address, phone numbers, fax numbers, maintaining commodity codes (NIGP) & update CMBL/HUB information.
- Add A Seller/User – If the vendor has more than one individual that will need to view POs, change orders & can assist maintaining their vendor profile.
- Accessing POs & Change Orders – A reference guide to help vendors how to access Purchase Orders & Change Orders sent to the vendor. Printing a Purchase Order, Finding & Acknowledging a Change Order.
- The default net terms are net 30. The net terms on Employees, Students, & Refunds will be automatically changed to net 5. Texas A&M University System Members cannot change the net terms to less than 30 unless we are receiving a discount (example 1% 10 Net 30) or the department provides a contract or other similar documentation showing an agreement with the vendor to pay less than the net 30. If you need the net terms changed, please indicate when sending over the Vendor Information Sheet or W9.
- Submit all vendor documentation to email@example.com , fax to 979/458-4191 or Vendor Setup Document Upload Web Page
Error loading MacroEngine script (file: quicklinks.cshtml)
Error loading MacroEngine script (file: sidebar.cshtml)