Skip to content
TAMU and TAMUG Travel Forms
- Texas A&M has contracted with United and Southwest to make discounted airfare available to travelers. To book these discounted rates the reservation must be made in the Concur booking tool, or by calling Short’s Travel. The rates presented in Concur will already include the discount and the current discount will be noted at the top of the Concur screen.
- Southwest- All Business Select and Anytime (fully refundable) Southwest airfare tickets that are purchased through Concur or Shorts Travel Agency will be discounted 15% from the base fares of the flights shown below. Any of the “Wanna Get Away” Southwest airfare tickets that are purchased 0-7 days prior to departure that are purchased through Concur or Shorts Travel Agency will be discounted 6% from the base fares of the flights shown below, or 3% when outside the 7 day window.
- United- All United fares that are purchased through Concur or Shorts Travel Agency will be discounted 2%. For itineraries that include United and additional airlines, the United portions will have to be issued on a separate ticket in order to utilize the contract discounts. The second ticket will incur a second travel agent booking fee.
- Car Rental
- Texas Motor Vehicle Rental Tax Exemption Form - Present exemption form when picking up the rental car.
- Purchase under contract whenever possible. Contract rates are usually much less than market rates and includes the required coverage. Contract rental cars include CDW/LDW and liability insurances, so no additional coverage is necessary when picking up the car. So please refuse any additional coverage offered.
- Non-Contract Vendors - rates are normally more than our contracted rates and do not include the appropriate coverage. If procuring a non-contract rental car CDW/LDW and Supplemental Liability Insurance must be requested when picking up the car.
- Comparing Rental Car Rates - non-contract vendor rates do not include the appropriate coverage, so to compare the listed contract rate vs. a non-contract rate contact the non-contract vendor and request the daily rate for LDW/CDW and Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI). If for some reason the listed rate from the non-contract vendor is less than the listed rate for the contract vendor, when adding the daily rate for LDW/CDW and SLI it will most like be much more than the contracted rate.
- Information on Concur Travel and Expense System