eTravel / Concur – The new Travel and Expense System
Travel – To serve the State of Texas, Texas A&M University and Texas A&M University at Galveston by processing payments to Employees and vendors in a prompt and efficient manner while ensuring compliance with laws, policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Provide prompt customer service and on-going education of policies and procedures to the University community and vendors.
Texas A&M University
Texas A&M University at Galveston
TAMU and TAMUG Travel Forms
- Travel Advance Request Forms
- TAMU Travel Advance Request Form - Request early reimbursement for airfare; Request advance for airfare, lodging, incidental expenses
- TAMUG Travel Advance Request Form - Request early reimbursement for airfare; Request advance for airfare, lodging, incidental expenses
- Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption
- Texas Motor Vehicle Rental Tax Exemption Form
- Texas Sales Tax Exemption Form
- Other State Tax Exemptions - Some states will offer sales tax, and/or state hotel tax, and/or state vehicle rental tax exemptions to other sales tax exempt entities (i.e. state governments or universities). Please click on the link to review the states offering these exemptions and what forms to provide for that exemption.
- Travel Vendor Exceptions Certification Form - Allowable exception for use of non-contract travel on state accounts
- Report to State Agency Travel to Washington DC - State funded travel only: Employees must complete OSFR form when traveling to engage in activities related to obtaining or spending federal funds or to impact federal policies or to meet lobbyist.
- Fly Americia Act Exceptions Form
- Texas A&M has contracted with United and Southwest to make discounted airfare available to travelers. To book these discounted rates the reservation must be made in the Concur booking tool, or by calling Short’s Travel. The rates presented in Concur will already include the discount and the current discount will be noted at the top of the Concur screen.
- United- All United fares that are purchased through Concur or Shorts Travel Agency will be discounted 2%. For itineraries that include United and additional airlines, the United portions will have to be issued on a separate ticket in order to utilize the contract discounts. The second ticket will incur a second travel agent booking fee.
- Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Form - Present Hotel Tax Exemption at the time of check-in.
- Texas Sales Tax Exemption Form
- Car Rental
- Texas Motor Vehicle Rental Tax Exemption Form - Present exemption form when picking up the rental car.
- Purchase under contract whenever possible. Contract rates are usually much less than market rates and includes the required coverage. Contract rental cars include CDW/LDW and liability insurances, so no additional coverage is necessary when picking up the car. So please refuse any additional coverage offered.
- Non-Contract Vendors - rates are normally more than our contracted rates and do not include the appropriate coverage. If procuring a non-contract rental car CDW/LDW and Supplemental Liability Insurance must be requested when picking up the car.
- Comparing Rental Car Rates - non-contract vendor rates do not include the appropriate coverage, so to compare the listed contract rate vs. a non-contract rate contact the non-contract vendor and request the daily rate for LDW/CDW and Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI). If for some reason the listed rate from the non-contract vendor is less than the listed rate for the contract vendor, when adding the daily rate for LDW/CDW and SLI it will most like be much more than the contracted rate.
- Information on Concur Travel and Expense System
- Travel Card Program
- Bookkeeper Resources - Information specifically for bookkeepers or persons needing to process payments for Travel related expenses.
- International Travel Information
- Travel Receipt Requirements
- 90 Day Reimbursement Policy
- Meal Reimbursement Change Effective 9/1/2014 for Local Funds
- Traveler Checklist for Local Funds
- Traveler Checklist for State Funds
- For training regarding use of the Concur Travel System, please see the information here http://it.tamus.edu/concur/training/
- Disbursement Training - This course covers policies and procedures of the disbursement of funds for purchase and travel vouchers. It also provides current information through the navigation of the Guidelines for Disbursement of Funds manual on our website. Anyone who creates purchase documents, approves and/or signs them must attend disbursement training or all entry will be denied.
- AggieBuy Training
- Payment Card Training
- CitiDirect Login Training
- CitiDirect Single Transaction Training
- CitiDirect Split Transaction Training
- CitiDirect Mass Transaction Training
- CitiDirect Report Training
- Concur Training Tutorials
- Concur Classroom Training
- Domestic Maximum Meal and Lodging Rates
- Foreign Travel Approval Requirements and Resources
- Rules & SAPS
- Sign up for FMO Listserv – FMO communication method for workshops, help desks, changing guidelines/polices and process improvements.
- State Travel Guidelines
- Guidelines for Disbursement of Funds