Payment & Travel Cards – To serve the State of Texas, Texas A&M University, Texas A&M University at Galveston, and Texas A&M University System Office in administration of the Payment and Travel Card programs in a prompt and efficient manner while ensuring compliance with laws, policies, procedures, rules and regulations. We strive to provide prompt and courteous customer service and an ongoing education of policies and procedures to the University community.
Payment/Travel Card Contacts:
- Hotline: (979) 458-5731
- Email: email@example.com
Travel Hotline: (979) 458-8734
Payment Card Program
- Individual Payment Card – Issued to an individual for the use in procurement of goods and services. This card is intended for use by the individual named on the card. This card is not meant for card sharing but is allowed on a limited basis, i.e. once a month.
- Departmental Payment Card – Issued in the departmental name for the use in procurement of departmental goods and services. This card is intended to be held by the departmental card administrator and has sharing capabilities.
Travel Card Program
Effective June 1, 2014 and thereafter, any travel cards with unassigned transactions greater than 90 days from the post date, or assigned transactions not submitted within 90 days of the travel end date will be suspended until those transactions greater than 90 days are submitted and approved. Please remember that the best business practice is to submit the expense report within 30 days of the travel end date.
This is in anticipation of a system policy that will soon be published that requires expense reports and other reimbursement requests to be submitted within 90 days of the travel end date or it will possibly be subject to being reported as gross income.
All departmental business staff have also been made aware of this new policy and have available tools in place to track the aging of travel card transactions to help identify and process the transactions/reports that need immediate attention.
If there are any questions regarding this new policy or questions about the reports please call 979-845-8772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Airfare Card - Is a travel card in the department’s name used to purchase employee only airfare and is made available to all the department’s employees in Concur.
- University/Agency Travel Card - Issued in an individual's name but is a University Liability Card for the procurement of all travel related expenses.
- DART Travel Card - Issued in a student's name but is a University Liability Card for the procurement of all travel related expenses.