Read and understand the Disbursement Manual; all purchases must be within the rules stated in this guide.
Employee Responsibilities Prior to Purchase
- Determine if purchase is within the delegated limit of less than $5,000.00.
- Determine if a HUB vendor can be used by visiting Strategic Sourcing HUB Directory orCMBL (State of Texas website that allows searching by name, commodity code or city)
- Identify the vendor
- If vendor has a Master Order vendor with TAMU, verify that we receive contracted pricing.
- Do not allow the vendor to split the purchase to remain in the delegated limit. To do so would be a violation of State of Texas, TAMU System and TAMU Strategic Sourcing rules.
- Verify that the vendor is not on the State of Texas Vendor Hold List, State of Texas Debarred Vendor List or the Excluded Parties List.
- Determine if the item is available from the Texas Industries for the Blind and Handicapped.
- Once vendor is identified, check or have business office verify that a W-9 is on file for the vendor by checking the W9 Date field on screen 103 in FAMIS.
- Obtain prior approval, if required by department
- Do not pay Texas Sales Tax! Present the Texas Sales Tax Exemption Form to the vendor prior to purchase, if purchase is within the State of Texas.
Employee Responsibilities after Purchase
- Turn in receipts/invoices and proof of payment (if not shown on invoice or receipt) to the bookkeeper within 30 days of purchase
- Documentation must include a detailed invoice or receipt and documentation of the receipt of the goods or services.
- Other documentation may be required, for example: if reimbursement will be made using a state account, state documentation must be provided; the business purpose and attendees must be documented for business meals; if gifts are purchased, the name of recipients must be provided; prior approval documentation (if required by department); etc. Please click here to see more details on documentation required to reimburse employees.